Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's Pumpkin Wednesday!

Welcome to another wonderful Pumpkin Wednesday!  In the spirit of Halloween, I made Pumpkin a "kitty kerchief" to wear around the house.
Hoping to make a new "kerchief" for every season/holiday



As the last "pumpkin flavored" inspired Wednesday of October, I highlight a few awesome and ridiculous pumpkin flavored products... Enjoy!

These are some unlikely products you can buy in a pumpkin flavor, and since October is almost over, now may be the perfect time to stock up on these seasonal items at a reduced price.

  • Hershey Kisses makes a "pumpkin spice" flavor of the traditional kisses.  According to one blogger, the spices and overall flavor of this seasonal take on this "kiss" is pretty tasty but maybe only worth buying once for the novelty factor.
I really want to try these!



  • Kellogg's Pop Tarts has a seasonal flavor of Frosted Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts.  Kellogg's recommends this Pop Tart for breakfast on Thanksgiving day.  The ad suggests pairing the Pop Tart with some other random breakfast items to make them look like a real Thanksgiving meal.  This blog vouches for their delicious flavor, and suggests you might be able to find this product in the "seasonal" aisles in Target.
Do you like your Pop Tarts toasted or Cold?
  • Last week I bought some Pumpkin flavored ice cream.  I have to say I prefer eating pumpkin bread, or even drinking a pumpkin beer to get my taste of pumpkin spices, but if you are looking for subtle flavor, pick out a pint next time you are in the grocery.


  • And finally, this year, a pumpkin grown in Wisconsin broke the Guinness World Record as the largest Pumpkin EVER!  Weighing in at 1810.5 pounds, this epically large Pumpkin beat the previous record by about 85 pounds!  Check out the Huffington Post article for more information about this monstrous gourd.
Photo courtesy of http://www.pumpkinnook.com/giants/giantpumpkins.htm

I know I haven't had time to talk about all the pumpkin flavored products out there, so tell me about your favorite pumpkin flavored item!

-Almost to Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Lindz...Pumpkin looks just like our cat Sam...remember her?! Love your blog! I also love that you are such a cat woman...I'm sure your mom loves it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan-
    Of course I remember Sam! I'm glad you are enjoying the blog, it's been fun to write. And sadly yes, I have turned into a little bit of a cat lady :)

    Have a wonderful day!
    -Lindz

    ReplyDelete
  3. um i want the poptarts and the hersheys and ohmygoodness i need something pumpkiny right this minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually don't like anything pumpkin flavored but the smell of pumpkin flavored things is quite lovely. That makes no sense. Whatever!

    ReplyDelete