Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Wednesday!

Hello all, and welcome to Pumpkin Wednesday.  Congratulations! We are halfway through the work week!

Pumpkin has had a relaxing day hanging out in a cardboard box.  I wish my life were so simple where I could get so much joy from jumping in and out of a box that was destined for the garbage.

Pumpkin loves the cardboard box.
Continuing this October routine of discussing pumpkin flavored items, I finally got my act together and made some pumpkin bread.  Now I have never made pumpkin bread before but really wanted to try this recipe.  I made a few substitutions, and here they are

  • took the advice of another reader and reduced the sugar to 2 1/2 cups.  I used 2 cups white sugar and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar.
  • Didn't have ground cloves in the cupboard (I'm rebuilding my spice collection)  so I went without.  I decided not to increase any of the other spices just to be on the safe side.
  • I only had a 15 ounce can of pumpkin, not 16 ounce can.

The final product looks a little something like this:


Certainly they are not perfect, but the bread tastes great!

For all you bakers, any secrets for making the perfect loaf of pumpkin bread or pumpkin spice muffins or the like?

-Almost Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. This will be the first non-flour/yeast/water/salt loaf I bake. I am still trying to figure out the weird heat-doldrums in my oven... I will let you know how it turns out.

    p.s. good blog.

    ReplyDelete