Monday, November 1, 2010

Day One of November

I can't believe October is over! But before all was said and done, I did get a chance to participate in the Halloween weekend festivities.

We were at a wedding Friday and Saturday (posting about that tomorrow) but last night I sat out on the front porch and handed out candy to trick or treaters!  There were so many cute small children in adorable costumes, and parents excited to take the kids out.

The only issue I had was the lack of kids, and teenagers saying "trick or treat."  So many just walked up onto the porch and opened their bags.  I felt old because I automatically went to "kids these days just don't understand" so tell me, was the lack of "trick or treating" just a phenomenon on my street?

Besides reminiscing about the good ol' days, I have been doing some cooking.  Last night because it was freezing, I wanted something filling, if not downright heavy... so I found this recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com for a Pasta Bake.  The finished product was tasty and my changes were adding more sauce, I used about 1.5 jars, adding garlic, onion, and oregano to the ground turkey, and using regular instead of whole wheat pasta.  A really easy recipe that will last you for a few days of at work lunch.

Delicious and Hearty

As a quick reminder, don't forget to vote tomorrow!  It's a pretty important mid term election, so make sure your voice is heard!  If you live in the greater northeast Ohio area here is the voter guide published by the Plain Dealer.




-Looking forward to a wonderful Tuesday and an exciting night of election coverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment