Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Countdown

I can't believe the holiday season is on our doorstep!  I am looking forward to my shortened work week and will be heading home early to hang out with my family (minus my brother who is working out in Colorado) and enjoy my mom's delicious cooking.  In anticipation of Thanksgiving, I have done a bit of cooking and baking to highlight some great recipes and tips for pulling off a fabulous Thanksgiving meal.  So this week will feature recipes for a few traditional Thanksgiving dishes and some new things I tried this year.

So much sugar, but so delicious and fun to make
Tonight I'm still recovering from cooking a full Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, but I wanted to get in the turkey day spirit.  So here is my recipe for a sweet turkey shaped cookie treat, a.k.a, a turkey-gram.

Here are the ingredients:

  • 1 package Double Stuf Oreo cookies
  • 1 container store bought chocolate frosting
  • 1 container cinnamon red hots
  • 1 container malted milk balls
  • 1 package candy corn



Step 1- Twist Oreo cookie so it is in two pieces.  One side should have all the frosting while the other is just the cookie.  It takes a gentle hand to be able to twist the cookie without breaking it, so be patient

Step 2- Apply chocolate frosting to the cookie-only side.  Make sure it's thick enough to hold a few candies

Step 3- Place 5 candy corn pieces on the frosting like so:


Step 4- This is the tricky part.  Stand the cookie with the candy corn vertically into the cookie with the white frosting.  Again, be gentle, and your cookie should now be 3D and look like this



Step 5- Add a little bit of chocolate frosting to the cookie on the white frosting and place the Whopper securely on the chocolate.




Step 6- Add a tiny bit of chocolate frosting to the malted milk ball near where the turkey gobbler would be.  Secure the cinnamon red hot candy to the malted milk ball.


Hello Turkey!



Step 7- Repeat steps 1-6 and make enough turkeys to share with friends!
So many turkeys

What are the special sweets (besides pies) you make for Thanksgiving?

-Looking forward to the Holiday!

2 comments:

  1. turkey cookies = awesome.

    spectacular job doss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a recipient of one of these candy turkeys, I must say they were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete