Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pumpkin Wednesday!! -- Special Guest Writer: Pumpkin picks Bowl Games

You may think the life of a small, domestic tuxedo cat is an easy one. And in pretty much every conceivable way, that's true. I spend most of the day sleeping on a Sherpa rug inside a pretzel box covered by a red blanket that forms a canopy over my head. Yeah, it's safe to say I live a pretty cushy life.

But recently, two major events occurred that have changed my life. First, my Sherpa bed got mysteriously moved into the family room so that it opens out toward the TV. So now, all that time I used to spend just lying around, I now spend taking in whatever happens to be on the tube.

Taking it all in


The second major event: Lindsay went on vacation and left me here with Timmy, which means that the daily TV selection is way different than usual. No 'It's Me or the Dress' or 'Say Yes to the Dog.' Instead, we pretty much just watch college football all the time. And since I pretty much never leave my Sherpa box, I have learned a lot about the bowl games in the past few days.

So as a special edition for Pumpkin Wednesday, I will help everyone pick bowl games by sharing my thoughts on some of the upcoming games:

I would pounce on these picks if I were you

Alamo Bowl
Oklahoma State (-6) vs. Arizona
- Arizona's mascot is the Wildcats. After this past weekend at Timmy's house, I've decided that maybe I am not such a big fan of other cats. So I am picking against them. OK State 41 Arizona 31

 Gator Bowl
Michigan vs. Mississippi State (-6)
- Even I think Denard Robinson is fast. I'm taking my home state to win.  Don't Mess with the Mitten! Michigan 28  Miss St. 24

Liberty Bowl
Georgia (-7) vs. Central Florida
- Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green can jump even higher than me and has maybe the best set of paws in the country. Seriously, the guy never drops a pass! UGA 35 UCF 14

Armed Forces Bowl
Army vs. SMU (-7)
- Army's first bowl game in over a decade. Such a feel good story. And I saw some story that SMU paid all their players or something. Sounds sleazy to me. I'm taking the troops! Army 17 SMU 16

Sugar Bowl
Ohio State (-3) vs. Arkansas
-Terrelle Pyor tweeted that he is sorry for his selfish behavior. If I can't trust TPeezy, who can I trust?      OSU 27 Arkansas 21

National Championship Game
Oregon vs. Auburn (-3)
-(S)cam Newton will probably play well, but I believe karma catches up to him here. Oregon 30 Auburn 28


I told you Iowa's offensive line would control the line of scrimmage!

Well, those are my picks. After literally minutes of analyzing these games, I am confident they are all winners. Hopefully I win some money because I still owe Lindsay a ton of back-rent for the apartment lease I co-pawed in Little Italy.

Enjoy the Most Wonderful Week of the Year!

Who do you think will win games this Bowl season?

2 comments:

  1. Timmy, are you the guest writer???

    Hilarious BTW>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he was the guest writer and has taken quite a bit of flack for his witty repartee haha

    Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete