Monday, February 28, 2011

And We're Back...Miscellaneous Monday Time!

It feels like an eternity since my last post, and even longer since I have been able to share the joy of Pumpkin Wednesday with you all!  Even though my desk is still a wreck, my closet is clean enough that I can now put all of my clothes away.  Hey, I'm not perfect but it's a start...

In case you forgot, on Monday I like to spread some internet fun and post a few random facts I have run across during my free time on the weekends...


  • I didn't catch all of the Oscars last night, but apparently I need to go and see The King's Speech.  If you saw it, did you think it was best picture worthy?  I also love trivia, so check out these five fun facts about the Oscars, including the fact that Oscar winners must sign an agreement saying they will not sell their winning statue to a collector without offering to sell it back to the Academy for $1.
  • If you're looking for a great and easy dinner recipe check out Kelly in the Kitch's recipe for Lemon Rosemary CrockPot Chicken.  The ingredients are simple and the meal is best with some added vegetables and perhaps noodles or rice.
  • Speaking of crock pots, don't cook anything in the crock pot again without buying some crock pot liners.  They are essentially plastic bags that you put inside the pot so that when you remove the bags, so goes the mess and other crud that normally gets stuck to the crockpot.  The food doesn't taste funny either.  Trust me, as someone who does not like to clean gross pots, these liners are a lifesaver.
Courtesy of the Jansson Family Blog

  • As a quick note to everyone who is living in a home/duplex/basement apartment.  It's beginning to become just warm enough to melt all the snow that has accumulated over the winter.  In fact, there was a huge amount of flooding in the Northeast Ohio area today which caused quite a bit of damage to all kinds of property.  If you're a homeowner, it may be worthwhile to evaluate whether you need flood insurance, and for those of you renting, take a quick minute to check with your landlord about the condition of the basement and gutters.  It's always better to be a bothersome tenant than one with soggy belongings.

How did you spend your weekend?

Looking forward to a productive Tuesday!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay! Cute blog!!!

    I think you definitely need to see "The King's Speech". Not only is it a beautifully made film but the story behind it is really interesting. I can't even imagine having these kinds of speech issues and one of the most important elements of your job requires you to speak publicly.

    You need to check out the 60 Minutes segment when they talk about the movie: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/20/60minutes/main20033390.shtml

    Let me know when you see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those crockpot liners safe my life. I LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete