Monday, January 17, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

The weather is about to get ugly again.  Yet another snow/freezing rain/sleet storm is headed through the midwest to the east coast, so slow down and be careful when you are commuting this week!

  • In case you didn't know, it's cold and apparently very icy in Cleveland.  Check out WEWS Channel 5's website to see pictures of the amazing ice sculptures Lake Erie created.
  • With all the cold weather, I need more caffeine/coffee to make it through the gray days.  If you're like many people who are trying to keep a New Year's resolution to stay fit, some of the drinks at the coffeehouse can really derail your diet.  Meg at Life of Meg breaks down the calories and fat in several Starbucks drinks, and makes clear there are many low-fat, low-cal options to choose from.
Courtesy of Freefoto

  • Tomorrow is trash day, and I need to make sure I check my freezer before the garbage goes out.  Why should I look in the freezer you ask?  Well, when I find something objectionable and smelly in the refrigerator during the week, I simply place the entire container in the freezer.  Freezing the nasty food keeps the stink from penetrating your trash can or room and makes it easy to get any gooey substance out of your reusable container.  It also allows you not to have to take the garbage out every time you throw away something smelly, which is especially nice during the winter.
  • I hope you had some time today to read or hear something you didn't know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  During Meet the Press this weekend they aired a clip from Dr. King's last appearance on Meet the Press in 1967.  I found his words inspiring and they reminded me how he was able to reach out to audiences in all settings.



-Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment