Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pumpkin Doesn't Need Caffeine, But I Sure Do

I cannot stress how tired the gray, cold and snowy days make me.  I mean not only am I freezing ALL the time, including when I'm indoors, but the more clothing I put on the more it makes me want to take a nap.

However, coffee and occasionally things like Red Bull, Five Hour Energy, and Caffeinated Soda help me make it through the day.  I'm jealous that Pumpkin is active enough to never need any synthetic energy...

Oh hello!


On the move (with laser eyes)

Being a Menace

Tim makes coffee every morning in our wonderful drip coffee maker, and around this time of year you want your coffee to taste fresh and be deliciously potent.  So, if you're looking for better coffee, it's time to show a little love to your coffee maker.

If you haven't done so a while, you should clean out your coffee maker.  This process includes washing out the actual coffee pot, washing a mesh filter with soap and water, and cleaning out the inside of the machine.

To clean the inside of the machine, you should make  a mixture of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water and fill up the reservoir with the mixture.  Run this water/vinegar mixture through the coffee maker, let it get through completely, and then turn off the coffee maker and cool for 15 or so minutes.

To make sure all the vinegar is out, fill the water reservoir with clean warm water.  Run the water through the coffee maker, let it get through the drip process completely, turn off the coffee maker and cool for 15 minutes or so.  You should run clean water through the coffee maker one more time to be sure all the vinegar is out.

Ideally, you should be cleaning out the coffee maker every 2 or 3 months.  So, if you can't remember the last time you cleaned your drip coffee-maker, get to it this weekend for fresher more delicious coffee!

How much coffee do you drink in the morning, and how do you take it?

-Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. no matter how hard i try to finish my 16 oz mug, i almost never can....i usually drink about 10-12 oz probably...just straight black ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am currently recovering from a starbucks addiction. now that i dont have to drive to work i am no longer faced with the temptation. but when i was, i got a non fat caramel macchiato. wow, just typing that made me want one :)

    ReplyDelete