Saturday, September 25, 2010

Good Morning Breakfast

I am posting before 9 AM on a Saturday morning.  While this as a major accomplishment I cannot guarantee it will happen very often/ever again...

This morning my boyfriend and another one of his man friends took off for South Bend, Indiana to watch the Fighting Irish take on the Stanford Cardinals.  As they had to leave quite early, I wanted to be nice and make them breakfast.  I knew my man would be running late, so I decided to make breakfast sandwiches to go.

I'm obsessed with the McDonald's Egg McMuffin (but seriously, how could you not be?), so I tried to create something similar, but used sausage and bacon in lieu of the traditional canadian bacon.

To make my version of the egg McMuffin, I toasted the English muffins in the toaster oven (best appliance ever) and then brushed them with some melted butter.

Next I cooked some meat products, sausage and bacon, in small pieces.

Bacon AND sausage.  Melted butter bottom right corner.

Then I cooked the eggs like you would an omelette, making a giant flat piece of egg the size of the pan.  To make the eggs easier to assemble, I used the round top of a jar to cut out round pieces of eggs.

My substitute for a ring mold.
I added American cheese to the English Muffins in the toaster oven so they would be warm enough to allow the cheese to melt. (American cheese is one of the best melting cheeses!)  Lastly, I assembled the egg and meats between the now cheesy-buttery muffins. After a quick wrap in tinfoil they were ready to go!

I apologize for not having a picture of the final product, but the boys were in a hurry to get on the road.

Speaking of on the road, what is your favorite portable breakfast?

-Yay for the Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. SO nice - my breakfast for the boys would have been cheerios in a baggie

    ReplyDelete