Monday, September 13, 2010

I promise I'll start on Monday

During the weekend I find myself saying I will start (fill in the blank) on Monday.  Usually its something like going to the gym, getting back to the diet I am always trying to stick to, or finally throwing in that load of laundry that has been sitting in the hamper for too long...

But today I decided I have to start writing.  I believe Sean Connery in Finding Forrester said it best when he said "The first key to writing is to write!"

So here I am getting started.  It seems most appropriate to talk about what this blog will be about, but honestly I'm not quite sure exactly where I am headed.  But I suppose I can at least begin with why I got the itch to start this project.

I am the daughter of an honest to goodness real-live homemaker.  That's right, my mom was a stay at home mom and she taught me everything I know.  Even more impressive is that she has a degree in Home Economics making her my authority on all things domestic.  For me, I've always loved helping cook, bake or prepare for a party, and when all the fun was over I tolerated the terrible chores of cleaning the kitchen and folding the clean clothes.

Now as a 25 year old, all done with school and living really really on my own I want to share some tricks, tips and advice for all your modern domestic needs and wants!

Best wishes for a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment